Thank you for all who gave to the first phase of Refresh. It is very encouraging to see the impact it has already had. However, transforming the lounge was just the start; there is much more to be done! So we are delighted to announce the next phase.
The vision of the next phase of Refresh focuses on the statement we want to make to the people on the streets of Southampton. We want everyone in the city to know that the church of Jesus is here; we want them to know that it is alive and well; we want them to know that we care about them, and would love to welcome them among us.
- Updating and redecorating the front stairwell, doorway and entrance
- Replacing the brick balustrades
- Updating the front lift and making it more efficient
- Considering a glass atrium to go above the main entrance up to the roof
- Replacing the windows on Above Bar Street and Ogle Road
- Installing prominent signage on the outside of the building
- Improving external lighting
- Installing a screen by the front door for promoting activities with the church
- Planning permission - early Summer 2016
- Landlord permission - early Summer 2016
- Legal agreements - late Summer 2016
- Go to tender with a contractor - autumn 2016
- Works carried out - June to August 2017
- Completion - End of Summer '17
The estimated cost for this phase is £425k. We already have £100k available for this next phase so the amount we need to raise is approximately £325k.
We are looking to God to provide so that we have this in place or pledged before we make a legal agreement with a contractor in the Autumn of 2016.
How to give
- In the offering bags on a Sunday - using the Refresh envelopes
- By standing order - download a form here.
- Through online banking:
- Account Number: 00340448
- Sort Code: 55-81-26 Ref: Refresh
- Donate online: Go onto the My Donate website and search for “Above Bar Church”
You can giftaid whichever way you choose to give. Please do if you are able!
For more info on giving please visit our giving page.