Our small groups are designed to complement our Sunday services and our missional communities, providing a place for you to share, receive and give.
In a large church, home groups provide vital opportunities to:
- Build deeper relationships
- Study and discuss the Bible and what it means for our lives today
- Share and pray with others
- Support one another in seeking to share our faith
- Relax and enjoy social times
What can you expect?
- Bible-centred: opening up a Bible passage together, discovering how it applies to our everyday lives.
- God-dependent in prayer: thanking God for what he has done for us, and seeking his help for everything we struggle with.
- Authentic community: developing deep friendships, so that we can better support each other.
- Mission-focused: equipping each other for mission through Bible study, and encouraging each other by praying for opportunities to share our faith.
We have home groups in almost all areas of the city, meeting in the homes of church members. Each group is led by one or two members of the church, but everyone is involved.
Most of the groups meet regularly in the first, third and fifth weeks of the month – but the times and evenings on which they meet vary from group to group.
What people say
“It is our aim that groups should be a focus for our discipleship – not just increasing our knowledge. They are about giving mutual care and support, but they are also about help us to live out our Christian faith in our families, neighbourhoods and workplaces.”
Paul Webber, home group coordinator
“It’s great to get to know a few people at church really well and to meet regularly to share and pray together.”
“I enjoy homegroup because I feel loved and supported there.”
“As my family do not live with me, it gives me the chance for Christian fellowship in a family sort of way.”
Visit the Publications page for our homegroup study resources.