From time to time there are opportunities to join the office and ministry team at Above Bar Church. Find out all you need to know here or contact the church office.
Head of Youth Ministry
Do you have the vision and ability to create communities of young people where the good news of Jesus changes lives now and for eternity?
God has given us an exciting opportunity to develop our children’s, youth, and families work in Southampton. We are in contact with over 250 under-18s from our church families and their friends, and we are asking God to continue growing the work in all sorts of ways!
Above Bar Church is looking for an outstanding person to be Head of Youth Ministry. Do you share our vision of ‘loving God, following Jesus, and sharing hope’? Are you enthusiastic about that vision shaping young people and their families? Could you oversee our 11–18s work and lead our volunteer teams to:
• create spaces where young people want to hang out, build friendships, and make lasting memories?
• get to the heart of a Bible passage and communicate it so that church kids and their friends come to know Jesus better?
• allow space for questions and debates about the truth so that real faith can develop, creating a foundation for lifelong service to God?
• build relationships with parents and support them in a partnership between church and families?
• be an active and visible part of the life of our whole church community?
This is a full-time post. There may be scope to develop ministry beyond current activities, and potential to engage with city-wide ministry.
We provide ongoing training and development to all our team members so that we can be more effective in building the church in Southampton. Remuneration package to be agreed with successful candidate, generous pension, £20,000-£24,000 per annum depending on experience.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com with a recent CV.
HOURS OF WORK: Flexible as required (35 hours per week)
Closing Date: 14.06.19
Start Date: September 2019
Transform Worker – Above Bar Church
Are you passionate about Jesus and looking to use your gifts? Would you like to receive biblical teaching whilst having on the ground opportunities to serve within a large city-centre evangelical church?
Transform seeks to lay foundations for a radical Christian life by giving you a breadth of experience both in the church and the secular work place.
This is a one year volunteer post, starting in September 2018. The position compromises of approximately 12-14 hours serving the church and 6-8 hours of being trained and equipped. In the other portion of your time we expect you to find a part-time job for approximately 20 hours per week.
We are looking for individuals with:
• A love for God, a passion for his glory and a longing to know and love him more.
• A heart for the lost and a willingness to serve Jesus at Above Bar Church.
• A willingness to learn and an eagerness to take on a wide variety of responsibilities throughout the church.
• A desire to work well as part of a team with other staff and members of the church family.
For more information visit: abovebarchurch.org.uk/serve/transform
Formation School is exciting, innovative, and life-changing. It equips you for making disciples, leadership, and mission within a supportive learning community of tutors and participants from a range of churches and backgrounds.
For more info visit: formationschool.org
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, or download it from the church website: abovebarchurch.org.uk/serve/job-vacancies/
Please send a CV with your application form.
Deadline for applications is 30th June 2019.