News and Articles
9 April 2018
“Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.’” (Matthew 28:18–19)
Join us for our Prayer day on 9 April 2018. We are meeting around Southampton, including at 12noon and 8pm at 69 Above Bar Street, Southampton.
We’re publishing this blog post so as many people as possible can pray together. We have two main topics for prayer today: Above Bar Church | East and Refresh.
Above Bar Church | East
As part of our exploration of being one church across two sites, we long to see our relationship deepen with one another as we grow in love and unity. Let’s pray:
- That we will increasingly be an Authentic Community, growing in love and unity. That our monthly lunches would help us to build genuine relationships.
- That everyone who comes would feel loved and welcomed and that this would point them to God’s greater love.
- For our Sunday gatherings, practicalities and logistics. For the teams as they show God’s love in practical ways.
- That God would unite us as a church in love for him and one another.
- For growing relationship with other churches and ministries.
Fruit that lasts
We long to see lots and lots of people all across Southampton come to know Jesus. Let’s pray:
- That we will be increasingly mission-focused. That God may open a door for our message and help us to make the most of every opportunity.
- For an intentionality in the way we share life and build relationships.
- For our friends, family and those we are hoping to reach. For ways to build bridges and opportunities for deeper conversation.
- For the football group (Tiff and Callom) that they would be able to build lasting friendships.
- For the ministries we hope to partner with, strong relationships and fruitful outreach.
In all the fresh opportunities that we are stepping into in 2018, we’re confident that God wants to grow our faith in him and dependency on him, but let’s ask him to do just that:
- That we will be bold in the way that we share hope with the people we come into contact with.
- That we will be increasingly God- dependent, relying on his strength and wisdom, not our own.
- That we will be open to the Holy Spirit’s work in our lives and in our church.
- For wisdom and understanding from the Holy Spirit to help us discern God’s will, and for strength to follow him in obedience and faith.
- That we would be an encouragement to each other spurring one another on in the faith.
The Refresh works start on 9 April. It would be good for us to join together as a church to pray for this project.
- That this phase will increase the visual impact of the building on the high street and communicate that the church is here, alive and active in the city.
- For logistics, users of the buildings, the shops, the workmen – and for everyone’s safety.
- Praise God for providing the funds needed and for the generosity of the people he used to make this project possible.
Finally, a reminder that you can subscribe to our prayer chain by sending your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org