News and Articles
9 June 2019
A team from Above Bar Church will be going to Uganda from 10th to 26th August to support Zillah Whitehouse (our sent mission partner) and serve alongside Christian students at Mbarara University during their Freshers and Events week.
Who are we?
The team is made up of ten of us from Above Bar Church led by Paul and Di Allcock, ranging from students to nurses to recent graduates.
(From L to R above): Paul, Dan Jeremy, Tom Wederell, Anna Risbridger, Nicola Sheard, Ollie Watkins, Luke Collins, Jane Mitchell, Caitlin Wederell and Di (who is taking the photo).
What will we be doing?
Zillah is a physiotherapist who moved to Uganda in 2009.
Her role involves delivering lectures at Mbarara University, working as a physiotherapist and supporting Christian students and those exploring Christianity.
We have been invited by Zillah’s church (St Luke’s Chapel) to serve alongside students as they welcome and reach out to students on their campus through their Freshers' and Mission weeks.
We will be encouraging, supporting and building relationships with students as we partner in seeking to share the Gospel with University students.
Why are we going?
- To build relationships with our brothers and sisters in Mbarara and partner with them as they seek to share the Good News of Jesus on their campus
- To seek to glorify God as we grow in our relationship with Him and as we trust Him to work in us and through us in a totally new culture and situation
- To encourage Zillah and grow in our understanding of her work and situation so we can pray and support her in her role
How can you support us?
- Pray for the students as they plan and prepare for their Freshers and Missions weeks
- Pray for us as we prepare all the practicalities involved in the trip
- Pray that we will trust and rely on God to provide all we need, particularly with regards to finances.
We would be very grateful if you feel able to support us financially!
You can use the Above Bar Church bank account (no. 00340448 sort code 55-81-26), or write a cheque payable to “Above Bar Church”. Provided you mark your gift “Uganda trip 19” it should get to the right place.
If you’d like to receive more updates or for anything else, contact us on email@example.com
Thank you for partnering with us!