The Refresh project has already transformed the look and feel of the Above Bar Church building. In 2015 we re-structured and totally renovated our lounge, and in 2018 we replaced the front entrance and added signage to improve our presence on the high street – but there is more to come!
The vision of the next phase of Refresh is to improve the usability and feel of more of the internal space. We want to take steps to renew the Top Hall, 3rd Floor Classroom and 2nd Floor Crèche. At the same time we are also keen to undertake works to winter-proof the building.
This much-needed work will make significant positive impact for weekly groups and activities, and particularly improve the space for children’s ministry on a Sunday.
- Replacing the ceilings, doors and flooring, and redecorating
- Modernising and reconfiguring the toilets in each of the rooms
- Creating a second floor buggy park to reduce current challenges on Sundays
- Upgrading all internal lighting in these rooms
- Updating storage and furniture solutions
- Improving ventilation in the Top Hall
- Consultations and survey of the proposed works to maximise the effectiveness
- Complete replacement of boilers, flues, pumps and connecting pipework
- A flush of the heating system – but not replacement of radiators and connections
- If money allows, we will also complete further window replacement works at the rear of the building
- 2nd Floor Crèche - 8th July to 26th July
- Top Hall - 22nd July to 9th August
- 3rd Floor Classroom - 26th August to 13th September
- Boilers – to be complete before the next heating season
The trustees have committed to covering the improvement works to the three classrooms from our existing reserves, approximately £100k. However, we are not also in a position to complete the boiler works from reserves so are asking if you might be able to prayerfully consider giving towards the heating and winter proofing project.
We’re looking to raise £100k to be able to complete these works.
How to give
- By standing order - download a form here.
- Through online banking:
- Account Number: 00340448
- Sort Code: 55-81-26
- Reference: Refresh
- Donate online here
You can giftaid whichever way you choose to give. Please do if you are able!
For more info on giving please visit our giving page.